About Me

My photo
Just a gypsy gal, stopping in The City for a spell to study and hopfully go to Med school.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

SUMMER

It feels soooo good to finally be home for 4 Months! I've been home for almost 3 weeks now (the time has just flown) and I have been very busy. The 1st week was spent getting ready for our annual 5 de Mayo party (it was on the 15th though), which was of course a blast. Everyone had a great time, especially with the pinata.
Then the following week was spent trying to fix out kitchen. Let me just say how much I hate Venetian plaster and wall paper. Trying to fix the kitchen quickly, we applied the plaster over top of the paper. However because of all of the moisture, the paper started to separate from the walls and so too the plaster. So this past week we finally decided to tackle the problem... it's still not fixed.

Then last Thursday Antonio came with me to the Big Apple. I had to take my last EMT test late that night and so I told him I'd take him with, we'd explore the city during the day and then head to Queens in the evening. Tonio had a great time. We walked all over Times Square, visited the King Tut exhibit there (they had his body there...it was sooooo awesome!!!!)m, ate great Italian food at a hole-in-the-wall restaurant we found, played in Central Park and then road the subways everywhere. Those were Antonio's first subway rides...he was disgusted ;)

And then this week has been spent doing lots of yard work, again tackling the kitchen and other little projects. I have been steadily trying to find a job....its not going so well. So if you know anyone who is looking for someone to do house or yard work, I'm the girl to call. I'll do anything at this point.

And other than that, I am just enjoying being home and soaking in some rays.

Hope everyone enjoys their long Memorial Day weekend!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to have you home...anything is a big word!!! love you!!!

    ReplyDelete