About Me

My photo
Just a gypsy gal, stopping in The City for a spell to study and hopfully go to Med school.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Working Girl

Yes....I got a JOB!!!! YAY!
I am so happy to finally have a job. Although I am quickly discovering how difficult it is to schedule other things in life around work...definitely not as easy as a work study job. But I like it and it pays decent. And even thought I was originally not thrilled at the thought of working in a deli...I find that I actually enjoy it. All the people I work with are really nice and fun, the pace is fast and work flies by. Before I know it... its the end of the day (and who doesn't like that?!). There is always something to do and I even get to "cook." I put cook in quotation marks because I'm really just mixing pre-packaged ingredients together, heating or frying something. But I like working with food, so the deli is a good fit for me. Although let me just say that the uniform is definitely not the sexiest thing I've ever seen. Today some guy wouldn't stop asking me about my hair net and then told me never to wear it on a date...what an ass! Like I'd wear a hair net on a date!
Anyways...
Working at the horse farm is going well. I've taken a short vacation from it just to get my self into the groove of working while everyone else is too. But next week its back to the horsies and poop for me! I'm already getting warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about shoveling horse poo ;)
As for tonight...
Tonio is playing for the 8th grade graduation and whenever out Mozart/Beethoven/Bach child preforms we all go watch. And then I plan on going to bed early because I'm tired as hell for being up this morning @ 5 for work. It's been awhile since I had to get up that early and man was it hard to pull myself out of bed today.
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Nadia,
    Congrats on the job! It's good to have work! I hope I get a chance to stop in to see you with that cute hair net. I had to wear one for a job I had, really not the most exciting head gear!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nadia - I saw you in your hair net - paying full attention to your customers! and the net really makes your smile shine ad your eyes sparkle!!! It IS a MUST for any date!!
    O.o
    _0
    btw - congrats, they are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, J...the hair net is a keeper!!! Your smile behind the counter is a rare find at Jolly ol, walmart! CONGRATS!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete